Does your business have a well-designed onboarding protocol? If you don’t, you’re not alone. Like most business owners, you have a lot of things on your plate. Onboarding isn’t always top of mind. In many organizations, it consists of a short orientation meeting followed by reams of forms for the new hire to complete. Then the new employee is sent to their manager for training.
You might want to update your onboarding process. You have much to gain.
A well-designed onboarding process has many benefits:
- Employees hit the ground running
- Employees are more productive
- Employees develop better time and attendance habits
- Increased company unity
- Lower employee turnover
What can onboarding include?
- Workplace tour
- organizational policies
- Time and attendance instructions
- Payroll instructions
- Benefits enrollment
Note that we didn’t include training. We are referring to tasks common to most organizations.
Some companies are using employee onboarding software to automate some of the tasks. Employees are directed to the company onboarding website before their first day onsite. In the onboarding portal, they are given an introduction. They are introduced to policies and procedures. They are able to fill out the necessary forms.
The advantages of advance online onboarding:
- New hires can complete the process in a comfortable setting
- Employees don’t feel pressured to complete it quickly because a supervisor is waiting
- It lightens the load on managers and HR staff
- Managers can track progress
Note: Employers are required by law to pay employees for time spent onboarding and training.
Workforce management solutions automate onboarding. Centralized document management simplifies the process for new hires and admin staff. Process tracking certifies completion. Administrators can easily edit documents. Digital files save money and reduce the environmental impact.
Swipeclock’s WorkforceHub is a unified workforce management portal that includes automated employee onboarding.
Swipeclock offers WorkforceHub, the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and business operations.
WorkforceHub includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, TimeWorks Mobile, and ApplicantStack. We’ve just added hiring, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHub was designed for busy employers like you who need to reduce cost-per-hire, streamline scheduling, automate time tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and decrease labor costs.
We can get you up and running with WorkforceHub immediately. Contact us today to request a demo.
Or are you interested in becoming a reseller? Check out the Swipeclock partner advantage now.
- Join Us For Swipeclock Summit ’21 Partner Conference - September 7, 2021
- 3 Easy Ways to Reduce Labor Costs With Automated Workforce Management - September 4, 2021
- 5 Ways Manual Timekeeping Costs Your Business - August 15, 2021