Google is sunsetting its Hire by Google ATS September 1, 2020. Hire by Google is Google’s applicant tracking system. It integrates with other G Suite products in Google Cloud.
Adios, Hire by Google… Hola, ApplicantStack!
SwipeClock’s ApplicantStack is the applicant tracking solution in WorkforceHUB, our Human Resources Management System (HRMS). It can also be purchased as a standalone product.
9 Key Findings: Hire by Google vs. ApplicantStack
- ApplicantStack was introduced in 2009 as the company’s flagship product. (SwipeClock purchased ApplicantStack in 2018.) ApplicantStack focuses on applicant tracking and onboarding exclusively. ApplicantStack doesn’t try to do everything.
- Google introduced its Hire by Google in July 2017 and announced its discontinuation in August 2019. (It won’t be turned off until September 2020.)
- ApplicantStack has over 1,000 positive reviews On GetApp, ApplicantStack has an average rating of 4.4 and 1306 reviews. 91% of the reviews are positive and 97% would recommend ApplicantStack to a friend.
- ApplicantStack has a proven track record. On Capterra, ApplicantStack has an average user rating of 4.4 out of 5. This is based on 1252 reviews. ApplicantStack reviews date back to 2010.
- On Capterra, Hire by Google has an average rating of 4.2 based on 139 reviews.
- On G2, ApplicantStack has 535 reviews with an average rating of 4.5.
- All Google Hire beta features have been turned off (or will be turned off shortly). Hire By Google iOS and Android apps expired January 6th, 2020.
- In an analysis of 139 Google Hire reviews, the most common benefits cited are; 1. Ease of use, 2. Integration with other G Suite apps, and 3. Value for price.
- In the same analysis, the top complaints by Google Hire users are: numerous bugs, lack of customization, and difficulty in sharing hiring team feedback.
Both products are well-designed platforms created for small to mid-size businesses. Compare the reviews on Capterra, G2, and Get App. You will notice kudus for the following:
- Intuitive layout
- Ease of navigation
- Ability to handle a large volume of applicants
- Cloud-based access
- Value (Google Hire costs $100/month. ApplicantStack costs $99/month)
What are the most common Google Hire user complaints?
- Inability to share feedback with hiring team
- Limited candidate scoring tools
- Slow customer service response times
- Inadequate analytics
- Problems with the Indeed integration
Many important features are missing (no proper scorecard, no interview kit, analytics, etc.). Also, the UX can definitely be improved–so hiring managers need quite a bit of support at the beginning to be able to use it properly. If you are at a stage where you can spend a bit more money and where you need to improve the quality of your hiring process (like us), Hire is probably not the right ATS. (Google Hire review on GetApp)
For the same price, ApplicantStack has tools that are not included (or limited) in Hire by Google:
- Candidate scorecards
- Custom questionnaires with knockout questions
- Structured interviews
- High level of customization
- Supported by a U.S.-based team with decades of cumulative recruiting experience
- Advanced reporting
Did we mention that you can try ApplicantStack free for 15 days?
Google Hire was not quite ready for prime time…
Google Hire had tremendous potential. But the present version still has many glitches.
It’s an unfinished product that should not have hit the market. We’ve run into issues with automatically posting our job requisitions to sites such as Indeed or Glassdoor and have had to manually add/remove jobs to free job board aggregates. Being a Google product, the data analytics are atrocious. If you’re managing a team of recruiters, good luck trying to assess their productivity with this product. (Google Hire review on Capterra)
ApplicantStack is Supported by Human Resources Professionals
Best-in-class applicant tracking systems have a dedicated, experienced customer support team. This is as important as well-designed software. ApplicantStack has the best account managers and developers in the industry. They ensure that our customers get the most out of our products.
The best ATS I have ever worked with. There is an amazing team at ApplicantStack that is very willing to work with us on any product enhancements that we’d like to see, or assist with minor projects as needed as well. They know what they are doing and are quick to help. With the ever-changing world of recruitment, I find that the flexibility is key because you never know what may be needed next! They are also always improving items I hadn’t even thought of, which is wonderful! Ettel F., Recruitment & Engagement Specialist (Education Management, 201-500 employees. ApplicantStack review on Capterra.)
With ApplicantStack, you’ll hire your next employee faster and keep them longer. Make sure you have a new ATS in place before Google Hire is turned off. We invite you to try ApplicantStack free for 15 days.
By Liz Strikwerda