If you need to know if employees are working at the correct location, you need geofencing.
What is Geofencing?
Geofencing is a mobile tracking tool that can specify a virtual boundary. The virtual boundary is called a geofence. It is based on the real-life physical location.
The Geofence Triggers an Action
Creating a virtual boundary is the first step. The second part is the action that occurs when a connected mobile device (and its owner!) enters the geofence. For example, a monitoring app can send a text to a parent when their son or daughter arrives home.
How Do You Use Geofencing in TimeWorksPlus?
In TimeWorksPlus, draw a geofence around a site on a map. Assign employees to the geofence.
TimeWorksPlus tracks their location relative to the geofence.
Benefits of TimeWorksPlus Geofencing
- Quickly view out-of-bounds punches
- Identify employees who clock in or out beyond their authorized location
- Receive a tip off if a punch occurs outside the fence
- Generates reports of punch times and locations for a specific employee or group
- Track mobile employee hours for accurate payroll
- Retain time cards for FLSA recordkeeping
- Employees don’t have to fill out timesheets
- Enforce time and attendance rules
- Employees know when they are on the job site
- Track hours per project or job location
Dealing With Employee Time Theft?
TimeWorksPlus with geofencing is your solution. Employees can’t clock in when they aren’t in their authorized work location. For additional time theft prevention, use schedule enforcement.
Oversight for Time AND Place
Geofencing prevents out-of-bounds punches. Schedule enforcement restricts out-of-schedule punches. For example, you can restrict employees from clocking in more than ten minutes before their shift begins.
TimeWorksPlus ensures your mobile employees are WHERE they should be, WHEN they should be.
Swipeclock offers WorkforceHub, the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and company workflows.
WorkforceHub includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, TimeWorks Mobile, and ApplicantStack. We’ve just added applicant tracking, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHub was designed for busy employers like you who need to reduce cost-per-hire, streamline scheduling, automate time tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and lower labor costs.
We can get you up and running with WorkforceHub immediately. Contact us today to request a demo.
Or are you interested in becoming a reseller? Check out the Swipeclock partner advantage now.
- The Easiest Way to Comply With Predictive Scheduling Laws - July 6, 2021
- Why a Facial Recognition Time Clock is Essential for Small Business - June 8, 2021
- How a Time Card Goof-up Can Cost You $30,000 - October 13, 2020