How Manual Employee Scheduling Hurts Your Business
Today’s article is for small manufacturers whose employee scheduling methods are not doing the job. Are you using manual process to schedule shifts? For example, paper calendars, spreadsheets or Google Calendar? Although some methods are better than others, they are generally:
- Tedious and inefficient
- Unable to quickly react to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to errors
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Hard to share with employees
In addition, employees need to go through a supervisor or HR department to see their schedule, timecard, and PTO information. Similarly, employees must submit and obtain shift change approvals from their manager.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
How Does Manual Scheduling Affect the Entire Company?
It’s important to understand that these problems impact all teams and functions:
- The company overpays for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Inefficient scheduling can decrease employee retention
- Poor scheduling and recordkeeping can increase risk of compliance violations
- Your team can miss production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Workers can’t monitor their schedule when they are not at work
- Staff members have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force employees on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, can lead to burnout
- Managers spend so much time creating schedules, they have little time for other vital tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee shift preferences
To be sure, deep-rooted problems require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. To that point, we are excited to introduce WorkforceHub from Swipeclock.
WorkforceHub for Manufacturing Employee Scheduling
WorkforceHub offers advanced scheduling integrated with time and attendance. Here is a sampling of the innovative features in the platform:
- Build schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the team members with the necessary qualifications are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible employees to cover open shifts
- Customized system alerts reduce overstaffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for employees and management
- Employee Self Service empowers staff to manage their timecards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
WorkforceHub is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
As mentioned, Swipeclock offers WorkforceHub, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and organization. This integrated tech suite is ideal for manufacturing employee scheduling and shift planning.
WorkforceHub includes Timekeeping, Scheduling, PTO, Onboarding and Applicant Tracking. The system is tailored to small manufacturing employers who need to streamline scheduling, automate timekeeping, maintain compliance, improve hiring, and reduce labor costs.
We can get you up and running with WorkforceHub quickly. Contact us today to request a demo.
Or are you interested in becoming a reseller? Check out the Swipeclock partner advantage now.
- Case Study: Home Health Agency - February 6, 2023
- Help Your Restaurant Clients Optimize Time & Labor - January 12, 2023
- Why is a Formal Onboarding Process Important for Your Clients? - December 21, 2022