Make Sure Employees Are Turning In Their Time Cards
Late time cards are a problem for all types of companies.
But they shouldn’t be.
Why Are On Time, Accurate Time Cards Critical?
Accurate, on time timesheets:
- Are necessary to pay your employees
- Are necessary to bill your clients
- Are necessary to allocate time and resources
- Are legally mandated by the Department of Labor (DOL)
Regardless of their importance, do your employees forget?
You can make sure your employees turn in their time cards with TimeWorksPlus.
TimeWorksPlus Is Better Than Excel And Google Docs
- Digital time cards created and tracked automatically
- Staff members and managers access from their cell phone
- Syncs to a physical, web-based, or biometric time clock
TimeWorksPlus Timekeeping Features:
- Eliminate missed punches
- Track meals and breaks
- Transfer departments with job costing
- Prevent early punches with schedule enforcement
Train Employees On Time Card Submission
Even with a timekeeping system, you can’t neglect training. Instruct thoroughly during onboarding. Send weekly reminders. Make it part of their performance review.
Remember, submitting accurate time cards by each pay period deadline is an essential job role. Period.
While we’re on the subject of time cards, let’s address the legal issues.
Do I Have To Pay When An Employee Doesn’t Turn In A Timesheet?
Yes. You can’t withhold pay. Under federal and state wage and hour laws, it’s your responsibility to track staff members’ hours.
What If Someone Doesn’t Submit Their Timesheet?
When a staff member doesn’t turn in a time card, estimate from their past time cards or shift schedules.
Remember that you will have to make up for it next time you run payroll. Hopefully, you will have their accurate timesheet by then.
Record your efforts to get the worker to turn in their hours. Save emails or texts. The paper trail will protect you in case they allege underpayment.
TimeWorksPlus Solves Late Time Cards
TimeWorksPlus is an automated web-based system from Swipeclock. It creates digital time cards as your employees clock in and out. It’s affordable for the smallest businesses.
Upgrade your time and attendance system to TimeWorksPlus and solve your late time card problem.
Swipeclock offers WorkforceHub, the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and organizational processes.
WorkforceHub includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, TimeWorks Mobile, and ApplicantStack. We’ve just added applicant tracking, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHub was developed for busy employers like you who need to reduce cost-per-hire, streamline scheduling, automate time tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and decrease labor costs.
We can get you up and running with WorkforceHub immediately. Contact us today to request a demo.
Or are you interested in becoming a reseller? Check out the Swipeclock partner advantage now.
- Case Study: George T. Feles, CPA and the Swipeclock Vision Time Clock - January 12, 2022
- Time Off Management With WorkforceHub - January 1, 2022
- How Small Employers Can Prevent Employee Time Theft - December 14, 2021