Attention owners and operators of long-term healthcare facilities. Operating a healthcare company is challenging enough without stressing about new and ever-changing government provisions. In today’s post we will discuss an ACA quality-of-care regulation called Payroll Based Journal (PBJ).
Payroll Based Journal became effective for the quarter beginning July 1, 2016 with the first submission to the PBJ system due no later than 45-days after the quarter ended November 14, 2016.
What is Payroll Based Journal?
Payroll Based Journal is mandated staffing and census data from long-term health facilities that the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) began collecting. CMS created a free system for long-term healthcare facilities to send the reports to. The system is called the Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES). CMS requires the following specifics in the reports:
- A unique employee ID for each direct staff care provider (no SSN’s allowed).
- A complete, accurate record for each facility that identifies their direct care staff (includes agency, contractors, and certified medical personnel as defined by CMS).
- Residence census information (Medicare, Medicaid, other).
- Direct care staff turnover and tenure (start and term dates).
- Total hours of care provided by each category of staff per resident per day including start and end date and the hours worked per individual.
Whew! That’s a lot of information! But don’t panic. Swipeclock has a solution for you to meet the PBJ reporting legislation. Our WorkforceHub will help you track and manage your associates so that the process is smooth and effortless. With our automated, innovative tools you’ll be able to avoid PBJ penalties and reporting delays.
WorkforceHub from Swipeclock includes TimeWorksPlus and TimeSimplicity – the dynamic PBJ duo that automates data collection, PBJ report creation, and data submission.
TimeWorksPlus is an automated timekeeping system that not only tracks employee hours to the minute but also job codes. It has a built-in audit trail that allows you to meet the demands of an audit.
TimeSimplicity is a dynamic scheduling system that tracks shift coverage and proactively identifies gaps in required staffing as mandated for providing quality of care. Communication is crucial, and with TimeSimplicity’s text and email collaboration and its Trade Board features, it empowers employees and managers with clear lines of communication to resolve staffing issues within a few minutes.
The TimeWorksPlus mobile app is called TimeWorks Mobile. It enables associates to punch in or out via their mobile device, which means your tracking of hours continues without a hitch when team members are working off-site.
Swipeclock offers WorkforceHub, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and business.
WorkforceHub includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. We’ve just added onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHub? is developed for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and decrease labor costs.
We can get you up and running with WorkforceHub immediately. Contact us today to request a demo.
Or are you interested in becoming a reseller? Check out the Swipeclock partner advantage now.
- Case Study: George T. Feles, CPA and the Swipeclock Vision Time Clock - January 12, 2022
- Time Off Management With WorkforceHub - January 1, 2022
- How Small Employers Can Prevent Employee Time Theft - December 14, 2021