Can You Reduce Your Overhead?
To ensure profitability, business owners need to monitor costs in every aspect of their operations. Many owners of small and mid-size organizations have ruled out purchasing a third-party time and attendance or scheduling system because they think they can’t afford it.
These owners are still using the manual operations they have always used. These include paper timecards, Excel spreadsheets, old-school punch clocks, and shift schedules written on dry erase boards in the break room. When an employee needs to trade a shift, it triggers numerous texts and phone calls between supervisors and employees. These owners probably realize that it’s not the best system, but at least it’s free, right?
Perhaps you are one of these business owners. If so, thanks for visiting our blog. (We appreciate you visiting our blog even if you are not a business owner!) The purpose of today’s message is to explain that by spending just a little money each month, you can save a significant amount on labor, which is probably your biggest expense.
First off, let’s think about three ways you may be losing income each pay period. Keep in mind that this is not a complete list.
1. Paying Employees When They Are Not Working
Manual timekeeping processes are subject to errors. Employees often record their prescribed starting time even when arriving late and do the opposite when leaving early. Ditto for breaks. Even your most trustworthy worker probably doesn’t err on your side when calculating hours from memory days after the fact. Another expensive trouble is buddy punching which is potentially more pricey.
2. Failing to Limit Overtime Due to Avoidable Scheduling Confusion
Unplanned overtime negatively influences the bottom line as well as employee morale.
3. Scrambling to Cover Shifts
If your supervisors don’t have a simple way to adjust to unexpected schedule changes, they waste time tracking down employees to cover shifts. This decreases productivity and frustrates team members.
How Can You Reduce Labor Costs Without Buying an Expensive Automated System?
WorkforceHub from Swipeclock can transform your employee timekeeping and scheduling. And it probably costs a lot less than you think. If you want to find out exactly how much before reading further, call 888-223-3450 right now.
WorkforceHub consists of TimeWorksPlus and TimeSimplicity. TimeWorksPlus handles all of the time and attendance tracking, TimeSimplicity takes care of scheduling. The mobile app allows for anytime, anywhere access.
WorkforceHub is your answer for easy-to-use Workforce Management.
- Cloud-based so there is no software to maintain or update
- Quick setup: you can be up and running in minutes
- Drag-and-drop schedule templates
- Employee Self Service enables staff to manage their own timecards
- Customizable overtime alerts
- Secure information storage and back-ups
- Timecard data can be entered directly into your payroll platform
- ACA and DOL compliance
Discover what WorkforceHub can do for your organization:
- Decreases labor costs
- Increases productivity
- Improves employee communication which boosts morale
- Reduces timecard errors
- Reduces time spent creating and managing schedules
- Provides accurate, comprehensive records in case of an audit
To see how WorkforceHub pays for itself many times over, call 888-223-3450 for a demo.
Swipeclock offers WorkforceHub, the powerful, fully-integrated WorkforceHub that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and business.
WorkforceHub includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. WorkforceHub is established for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and lessen labor costs.
We can get you up and running with WorkforceHub immediately. Contact us today to request a demo.
Or are you interested in becoming a reseller? Check out the Swipeclock partner advantage now.
- Help Your Restaurant Clients Optimize Time & Labor - January 12, 2023
- Why is a Formal Onboarding Process Important for Your Clients? - December 21, 2022
- 7 Ways Employee Self-Service Benefits Your Business - November 8, 2022