The best employee time tracking apps help you manage your business more efficiently. Web-based systems give you enterprise-level tools. Sign-up and set-up is quick and easy. And pricing ranges from free to inexpensive. What’s not to like?
Hybrid employee time tracking apps combine a myriad of business functions:
- Project management
- Employee monitoring
- Client invoicing
- Merchant payments
- Expense tracking
We reviewed some of the best employee time tracking apps. Here are our top picks:
When I Work
- Employee time tracking app for GPS-enabled smartphones. Scheduling, shift trading, and PTO requests.
- Price: Free for up to 75 users.
- What sets it apart: Best free plan plus group chat and messaging.
- Employee time tracking and online payments for business owners who pay their employees with PayPal.
- Price: Free for up to 3 invoices per month. Paid plans start at $9.56/user per month.
- What sets it apart: Lets you accept online payments from PayPal, Google Checkouts, and Auth.net.
- Track time using a timer, manual input, or Excel import.
- Price: Free for up to 10 users.
- What sets it apart: Multilingual tech support.
- Employee time tracking with a mobile app, web clock, or time clock punch in. Syncs to biometric, web-based, and traditional time clocks. Save $40 per employee per month with 90% ROI for payroll expenses.
- Price: Vendor price varies.
- What sets it apart: Schedule enforcement, PTO tracking, meals & breaks tracking, missed punch alerts, overtime warnings, and employee self-service. Salaried and hourly tracking. Integrates with BambooHR, Quickbooks Desktop, Thomson CS and 30 others.
- Self-service employee time, scheduling, and PTO tracking.
- Price: Free for the first 30 days.
- What sets it apart: Two-minute online sign-up. Set up your company in a few minutes and start tracking. Immediate access for managers and employees.
- Advanced employee scheduling that integrates with timekeeping systems. Drag-and-drop schedule builder, schedule rules, certifications tracking.
- Price: Vendor price varies.
- What sets it apart: Employee self-service shift trading, overtime alerts, and PTO requests. TimeSimplicity verifies shift coverage and detects overstaffing.
- Time tracking, employee monitoring, GPS, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Price: Paid plans start at $5/user per month.
- What Sets It Apart: Tracks mouse movements and clicks, takes screenshots, and records URLs.
- Time tracking, job costing, and project management.
- Price: Paid plans start at $12/user per month.
- What sets it apart: Track expenses by snapping photos of receipts.
- Mobile employee time tracking and scheduling.
- Price: Paid plans start at $4/user per month.
- What sets it apart: Employees can clock in via text, email, voice, or Twitter. Individual or team alerts.
- Tracking for personal and professional time management.
- Price: Free for iOS, $1/user per month for Android.
- What sets it apart: Tracks 12-time categories including work, sleep, self-care, reading, and shopping. Pie/bar charts and goal setting.
- Employee timekeeping plus billable hours, project management, and expense tracking.
- Price: Plans start at $99/year.
- What sets it apart: Mobile employees can track mileage and expenses in the same system. Tracks time for both salaried and hourly employees. Exports to Quickbooks, SurePayroll, and ADP.
- Timekeeping app for field service businesses.
- Price: $19/month for 1-2 users, $59/month for up to 5 users.
- What sets it apart: Time tracking combined with customer billing, payment processing, customer reminder emails/texts, and online appointment scheduling.
DISCLAIMER: TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorksExpress are sold by SwipeClock.
By Liz Strikwerda