The name of the PBJ reporting system is Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES), and you must register your facility to obtain user ID’s at https://www.qtso.com/cmsnet.html
– QIES allows only two logins per facility (they time out after 15 minutes of inactivity).
– While in QIES you will NOT be able to copy and paste your data from other resources… if you do not have a file to upload, then it is truly going to be manual data entry.
– You will need to have a way of generating unique IDs for your direct care staff, agency, and contractors. You can reuse IDs for the same individual, but not for others (ex. employee leaves employment and returns then you can reuse the ID they had previously).
– You will need to map job titles to the CMS defined codes to ensure they are in sync for reporting purposes.
– In the case of an audit, you will need to have a record of all the reported hours of your direct care staff, agency, and contractors so that you can verify your PBJ reporting.
– You have three options for submitting your PBJ data: manually enter it into the QIES system, file submission (XML zip file format only) or upload a file and then enter in the remaining or missing data manually.
– There is not a “test” period, but you can use the voluntary submission period to submit files and check for errors, etc. (this is strongly recommended)