SwipeClock® is an online time and attendance solution for businesses, both large and small. It defines practicality in today’s timekeeping industry, offering simple hardware setup, exceptional user-ease, and affordability to businesses of all sizes. Through SwipeClock’s web-based service, employers can automate the process of collecting and calculating time card data for payroll, and payroll providers can automate the process of collecting timekeeping data while increasing revenue generated from their payroll package.
SwipeClock® integrates with Adaptasoft’s CyberPay Online Phoenix (CPO) through our API. Employee information from within Adaptasoft is automatically pushed to SwipeClock® so the two systems stay in sync. You can also import timecard data from SwipeClock through the integration. Please note that this integration is not designed to send employee information out of SwipeClock and into Adaptasoft, so Adaptasoft will need to be the primary system of record for employee data.
First, you will need to contact Adaptasoft’s Client Care for enablement of the integration and information on how to link your CPO Phoenix Bureau account with SwipeClock. Once that integration is enabled, individual client accounts are integrated and configured in CPO. You will need to do the following in TimeWorksPlus (or TimeWorks) before proceeding:
- Create a Client level login for the sole purpose of the integration. (image 1) The login and password for this user will be entered in Adaptasoft later. No actual user will ever use these credentials, it simply facilitates the connection between the two systems.
- Get the SwipeClock Site ID. This can be found in your Client List under the Site Code column.
Once you have these items, you can continue with the integration process in CPO.
Create New TimeKeeping Account in CPO Phoenix
- In CPO, select Timekeeping under the Applications dropdown
- Choose the Accounts tab and click the New TimeKeeping Account button
- Configure the accounts as follows
- Is Bureau Account should be unchecked
- Choose the company from the Company dropdown
- Add or remove users from the Users field (optional)
- Use Bureau Account should be checked
- Click Save
Enable Integration in CPO Company Setup
- In CPO, select CyberPay Online Phoenix under the Applications dropdown
- Select the Company tab and choose the Company
- Enter the SwipeClock Site Code and configure accordingly. For more details on these fields, see the KB article titled Adaptasoft Integration.
- Unique TimeKeeping Field to Employee ID
- Send Employee ID as Employee Code
- Send Timekeeping ID as Card 1
- Check Sync Employees
- Click Save
- Click Validate Setup
- Click Export Employees even if employee data is already in SwipeClock. This will establish the connection between the two systems.
Currently, the fields that sync between Adaptasoft and SwipeClock are listed in the screenshot above. Each field in Adaptasoft is listed along with its corresponding field within SwipeClock.
**Note that the integration is only designed to automatically push changes made in Adaptasoft into SwipeClock®. If you make an update in SwipeClock® directly, it will not be updated automatically in Adaptasoft.**
Timekeeping data can be imported from SwipeClock through the Payroll tab in CPO Phoenix. Before performing the initial import, Pay Code Translation and Labor Mapping need to be setup in SwipeClock. Pay Code Translation is where Punch Categories in SwipeClock are mapped to earning codes in CPO.
Labor Mapping is necessary if clock prompt data, like job codes or tips, is being collected in timekeeping and included in the export. Labor Mapping is done in SwipeClock through the File Format Maintenance rule. You will need to enter “adaptasofta” as the selected File Format.
To view the employees within SwipeClock®, log into CyberPay Online Phoenix and choose TimeKeeping from the Applications dropdown. (image 8) The TimeKeeping tab will provide access to your SwipeClock account.
Then click on “Employee Setup” from the left-hand column. Then, click on the name of an employee to view their information in more detail. You can then fill out any additional details within the SwipeClock® interface. Your client can access timekeeping in the same manner.
Employee Portal Access
Employees can also access the SwipeClock Employee Self Service portal through the Timekeeping tab in CPO.