On July 1, 2016, all long-term nursing facilities will need to begin reporting their direct care staffing information and resident census data via the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) system known as Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES).
The required data for direct staff is as follows:
– a unique employee ID for each direct staff care provider (no SSN’s allowed)
– a complete, accurate record for each facility that identifies their direct care staff (Includes agency and contractors too)
– include medical personnel as defined by CMS (RN, PT, LPN, etc.)
– direct care staff turnover and tenure (date of hire and term dates)
– hours of care provided by each category of staff per resident per day including start and end date and the hours worked per individual
You have three options for submitting your PBJ data: manually enter it into the QIES system, file submission (XML zip file format only) or upload a file and then enter in the remaining or missing data manually.
You obtain your login IDs you will need to register your facility at https://www.qtso.com/cmsnet.html.